7 Cs of business communication are important for businesses, which communicate regularly with people or other business organizations both orally and verbally. This business communication can be in form of Email within or outside the organization, a business meeting, a conference or a business report or it can take any other form. Therefore the communication must be clear and concise so that organization can deliver its message effectively.
This is why the 7Cs of business communication are important to make sure the message is properly conveyed. 7Cs of business communication means that the communication must be clear, concise, concrete, correct, coherent, complete, and courteous.
A brief detail of 7 Cs of business communication is as follows.
Completeness in business communication
While communicating with people, communication must be complete in all aspects. It should provide all the facts and figures to the receiver so that the receiver understands the message completely. Now, what is completeness in business communication? Complete communication has the following features.
- It develop reputation of organization
- Complete message is cost-effective
- It provides all the necessary information to the receiver leaving behind no doubts.
- Complete communication helps in effective decision making
Conciseness in business communication
Conciseness in communication means communicating our message completely in the least possible words. A concise message has the following features.
- Concise communication save both cost and time
- It highlights and focuses on the main message avoiding unnecessary words and details.
- A concise message provides short information in few words.
- It is more appealing and understandable to the receiver.
Consideration in business communication
Consideration in business communication means that the receiver should be taken into consideration while designing the message. This implies “stepping into the shoes of the receiver”. Viewpoint, educational background, and level of understanding of the receiver should be considered while communicating. Following are features of Consideration in communication
- It focuses on “You” approach
- Provides a sense to self-respect to the receiver
Clarity in communication
The clarity in business communication focuses on how clear a message is to the receiver. A clear message emphasizes one specific goal at a time. Clear messages have the following features.
- It is easy and simple to understand.
- Complete clarity of a messages makes it more meaningful
- It make use of exact and concrete words
Concreteness in communication
Concreteness in communication means being particular and specific rather than being general. It avoids fuzzy and general messages. Concrete communication has the following features.
- Concrete messages are supported by facts and figures.
- It avoid use of those words that leads to ambiguity.
- Concrete messages are well interpreted.
Courtesy in communication
Courtesy in communication focuses on the expressions of the sender and the respect shown to the receiver. The sender should be polite and enthusiastic towards the receiver. It has the following features.
- Courteous messages are unbiased.
- It emphasize on use of words that shows respect and politeness for the receiver.
- Such messages are positive and more focused to the receiver.
Correctness in business communication
Correctness in communication means that there are no grammatical mistakes in the message. It is free from grammatical errors. It has the following features.
- Such messages are exact and well-timed
- Correct messages boost the confidence level of receiver.
- It has greater impact on receiver.
- Free from grammatical errors
Communication that has taken into consideration, all the 7Cs of business communication will result in effective business communication.